Sunday, March 06, 2005

shuttlecocked

i'm in ruins.

reputation: gone

business: gone

prospects: gone

wives: down to two

sense of self: none

37 freaking talibs rolled up on my place of business this morning and robbed me of 43,000 prime quality shuttlecocks and my goddamn monocle. they claimed that the Qur'an forbids not only the play of badminton, but the movements of all types of cocks, even the shuttle. fundamentalist bastards. fascists. republicans.

then this upstart punk grabbed my monocle and batted it out the window with my 1983 Prince Woodie. its now sitting somewhere in a mined field on the way to Bamian. i had just bought a slammin' bling-string to attach it to my coat lapel.
where the hell does one buy a new monocle in poppystan?

alas...


i'm afraid the shuttlecock has finally been put to rest in central asia. roll up your nets, comrades. stack your racquets in the cupboard. the shuttlecock shall not fly again.

1 Comments:

At March 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mon dieu! What will happen to our hero now? Zut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home